QML Calendar components for Akonadi in scratch repo

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 09:24:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:

>> > They can still be used for separately shipped applets, etc.
>>
>> That depends on the Qt ICU efforts in bringing a calendar system to Qt
>> which was intended to happen if i recall correctly. I just don't know
>> for which Qt release.
>
> Rather irrelevant for KDE technology like Plasma, KDE has had proper calendar
> code for years.
>
>> Now assuming Qt calendar stuff is going to be in Qt in 5.2 (or 5.3)
>> then i prefer:
>> - Keep using Q* classes as much as possible since they are going to
>> contain the KCalendar* classes. (assumption)
>> - be KF5 only material (although right now it works with Qt 4.x)
>
> Your choice of course but I wouldn't be happy to develop something and then
> have it sit there unused for more than a year.

True, and that argument alone lets me lean very much towards the
KCalendar stuff. I think i'm just going to follow you on this and go
for KCalendar and friends. It can't be that hard to port it to
QCalendar and friends once that is released. I could also make an
abstraction to make it to toggle between KCalendar and QCalendar
although the later one would be a stub implementation at this moment.
That does make it very easy to switch to a different API in the
future.