RIght-to-left layout

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Wed Jul 17 09:11:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just saw a bunch of bugreports about RTL issues in KDE applications and then
wanted to test what Plasma looks like when run in -reverse mode.
The result is … disappointing.

C++ written plasmoids and containments such as the panel or the calendar
mirror fine whereas QML stuff such as systray popup, battery monitor, plasma-
nm don't change at all.

When I add
    LayoutMirroring.enabled: true
    LayoutMirroring.childrenInherit: true
to the battery plasmoid, the entire UI flips over and works just fine except
for some glitches in the Plasma Components (slider doesn't mirror, checkbox
doesn't flip)

So I was wondering if enabling this by default (and fixing the components too)
would be a good thing to improve UX for this part of the world. Or at least
really something to bear in mind for Plasma2.

Best,
Kai Uwe