QML Calendar components for Akonadi in scratch repo

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 11:26:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday, 2013-07-15, Mark wrote:
>
>> If you want and have the time, you can discuss it there at akademy
>> since most folks are there anyway. Otherwise we probably would have to
>> discuss this at the next pim sprint in a few months. I hope the
>> components are done before that though :) at least the reading part,
>> updating/deleting/adding events is a whole different beast to tackle.
>
> I'll try to find the relevant people, we are currently mostly spread across
> several different sessions.

That would be awesome :)

>> Actually.. i don't mind those sets to be "KDE 5" material. It can't be
>> used for any KDE 4.x series anymore since the workspace is on lockdown
>> after 4.11 thus those components can't even be used to recreate the
>> calendar popup for 4.11 or 4.12..
>
> They can still be used for separately shipped applets, etc.

That depends on the Qt ICU efforts in bringing a calendar system to Qt
which was intended to happen if i recall correctly. I just don't know
for which Qt release.

Now assuming Qt calendar stuff is going to be in Qt in 5.2 (or 5.3)
then i prefer:
- Keep using Q* classes as much as possible since they are going to
contain the KCalendar* classes. (assumption)
- be KF5 only material (although right now it works with Qt 4.x)

But if the calendar stuff is not ending up in Qt then i just want to
make it available in the next KDE release (4.12) with using KCalendar*
and friends.

So it kinda depends on that how i continue the development in this and
from where they should be made available. I've already mailed John
Layt for an update in this area.