Add custom first week support to KDE digital clock.

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Jul 13 15:31:16 UTC 2013

Hi Hu Zheng,

Thank you for your email suggesting a new feature in KDE Plasma. As a Free
software community, we are open to suggestions, and to participation.

On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 20:16:06 Hu Zheng wrote:
> There are week index in the KDE digital clock, can you add custom first week
> support to it? This feature is needed by some teachers. Just two
> right-click menu item: Set this week as custom first week; Cancel custom
> first week. Then this week will show as 1, and so on.

We usually do not just add features to the right click menu, as it would
easily clutter up the user interface. Just imagine every feature needed by
someone would be added to the context menu, it would quickly become
overcrowded. If we decide that this feature is really needed for our audience,
we can come up with a good solution in the user interface however. As we have
feature-frozen Plasma Desktop 4.x (4.11 will be a long-term support release),
any new feature addition will have to wait until Plasma Workspaces 2. (That's
not quite true, as one can quite easily replace the clock with a customized
other clock, which has different features, so the freeze only affects the
"core components".

Now I am not sure what you mean with first week support, maybe you could
explain that?

sebas