Help on some Plasma methods

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jul 12 17:30:22 UTC 2013

On Friday, July 12, 2013 19:03:54 Leonardo Giordani wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a little puzzled by the following methods I see implemented in
> digital-clock:
>
> * paintInterface()
> * constraintsEvent()

You do not want to use either of these things. You should be using QML for new
development.

In any case .. here’s the answers:

paintInterface is the method in which the plasmoid gets the chance to paint
directly to the canvas. in qml this just doesn’t ever happen.

constraintsEvent: this is called when the form factor, screen location,
immutability, etc changes

again, in QML you don’t need to deal with this as they are properties you can
bind to from the global plasmoid object

so short story: use qml. :)