Non-OAuth Support in Microblogging Plasmoid

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Tue Jan 29 04:10:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

As you'll see in the logs, I've been giving some maintenance to the
Microblogging plasmoid. As I was reviewing open bug reports I stumbled upon
bug 304704. The users expecto be able to use the microblogging plasmoid to
log into any StatusNet instance, but we are only supporting OAuth right
now, so it means we have to set up keys for the services we support
(currently the two most common). Is this intended and we should close the
bug as invalid? Or should we support both OAuth and the regular
authentication mechanism?

David E. Narváez