Request - Amend GPLv2+ license - Exemption link clause - for KDE weather engine/ions (weather related only) for BlackBerry 10/QNX

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Fri Jan 18 01:06:05 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

I need to get approvals from those who made some changes to the engine code,
the change is to append the exemption clause to GPLv2+ so that I can link the
binaries to QNX's libc / and RIM's cascades libs, as these are considered core
to the OS.

I also want to know if we can dual copyright with the KDE Foundation so that
even if the code diverges the changes can flow back and forth between the
QNX/BB10 git repo and KDE's git repository.

So to reiterate, the code remains GPLv2+ but just gains the exemption clause
(see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_linking_exception).

What are your thoughts on this? Can this all be done easy? For the wording, I
would like us to use the most liberal one so that there remains no
issues/restrictions to anyone.

Thanks,
Shawn