Plans and status Frameworks5, Plasma2, Qt5 and Wayland

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jan 17 14:20:18 UTC 2013

On Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:40:51 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 January 2013, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I've compiled a document that contains our technical direction and its
> > status. This hopefully gives us a common understanding of where we're
> > going and where we are right now.
> >
> > Feedback is of course welcome.
>
> just some small coments on the parts that concerns plasma:
> * page 2, detailed status plasma framework "more fine grained data
> retention  in dataengines" is still there information on what it actually
> means? i guess is security model?

That's basically a summary of the dataengine tasks on
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/libplasma2
I tried to word it in a way that people who don't write dataengines by heart
can understand, maybe I failed. ;)

> * "change directory structure": this depends from moving libplasma to a
> separate repo?

I don't think it does.

> * port impoers to qtquick2: explicitly specify graphicswidgets and layouts
> imports are going to disappear (so, porting of eventual applets that use it
> is  needed"

Right. I think we're missing a non-libplasma2 TODO list. Suggestions for a
page url on community?

> Next thing, to see if some of those point could/should be removed (like the
> python stuff) and if some points needs further expansion

Yep, we need to find out about that.

Thanks for your feedback!

sebas