Thoughts about a better Quality Management process for Plasma

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Thu Jan 17 11:30:03 UTC 2013

In data giovedì 17 gennaio 2013 11:22:04, David Edmundson ha scritto:

> backtrace it's impossible to see who's at fault. The backtrace only
> shows some timer firing, or a python binding call or something generic
> - it's impossible to tell what's at fault. I have no idea how we can
> fix this.

Chiming in for the Python parts: at least part of the crashes are due to
errors in the Python applets themselves. To be more precise, Python uses a
garbage-collection method based on references, which includes the bindings to
C++ objects. In such cases I've noticed that the exception makes the object
marked for garbage collection → deleted at the C++ level as well, and if you
try accessing it again → crash.

By errors I mean Python exceptions (IOW, errors in the Python code itself).

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter