Having an issue with the minimum size of Plasma.WebView

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Tue Jan 15 19:59:48 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 01/15/2013 02:47 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> so when it comes to python support in future, there are 2 possibilities i can
> see:
>
> * python bindings for Applet, but all the UI still done in QML and python gets
> used as we currently use C++ for hybrid applets
>
> * we decide that all extensions to QML are done through Plasma plugins
> (services, dataengines, etc.) or QML imports. this would mean there would be
> no need for python and QML to ever come together. we could write QML imports,
> services, dataengines, models, etc. in python perhaps .. but not the plasmoids
> themselves.
>
> the latter has numerous advantages in that it keeps the development story
> simple, gives us a fighting chance at one day having reliable sandboxing and
> doesn't incur the overhead of multiple interpreters running to make the UI
> functional.

I'm way behind the curve when it comes to Plasma and KF5 at the moment.
But I'm now trying to get on top of it all and develop a plan for Python
bindings in KDE 5. At the very least, I'll be moving to from Python 2 to
Python 3 for applets in KDE 5.

That above stuff above is exactly the kind of information I want to hear
about. I'll be at FOSDEM next month and more than happy to chat further.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards
simon at simonzone.com