Having an issue with the minimum size of Plasma.WebView

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Mon Jan 14 16:50:00 UTC 2013

In data lunedì 14 gennaio 2013 17:39:12, Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:

(apologies if this comes doubled, wrong address in the "From" field)

[Plasma Python bindings]
> do we need python bindings?

The bindings are there because libplasma is in kdelibs, and as such they are
provided by PyKDE4 (which covers kdelibs + some other bits). There's an
additional plugin factory used for Plasma applets.

I don't think we should remove them for 4.x lifecycle, at least. I CCed Simon
Edwards to the discussion, since I'm merely doing limited (and mostly
janitorial, so far) work in PyKDE4 and I can't take this decision.

Otherwise we might get a lot of complaints when applets start to break.

> is their upkeep worth it now that we have QML?

Like above, I don't think (even if a decision would be made) that they could
be removed until the transition to KF5.

--
Luca Beltrame, Ph.D. - Translational Genomics Unit
Oncology Department, Mario Negri Institute