Having an issue with the minimum size of Plasma.WebView

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 14 15:30:15 UTC 2013

On Sunday, January 13, 2013 21:16:16 Paulo Nogueira wrote:
> I'm writing a very basic plasma widget using PyQt and QWebKit, where
> I'm trying to set a custom size for my widget bellow of 128px.

could be due to this in the implementation of Plasma::WebView:

QSizeF WebView::sizeHint(Qt::SizeHint which, const QSizeF & constraint) const
{
    if (which == Qt::PreferredSize) {
        return d->webView->page()->mainFrame()->contentsSize();
    } else {
        return QGraphicsWidget::sizeHint(which, constraint);
    }
}

the real fix, however, is not to do the UI in python. use QML.