reflecting on 4.10

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Jan 12 16:56:14 UTC 2013

On Saturday 12 January 2013 17:36:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday, January 12, 2013 16:00:10 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > As already pointed out, this should be a set of people not a single one.
>
> a bus number greater than 1 is important, but i also think the realities of
> doing this job limits the number of people who can, will and even should be
> doing it.

I think we're talking on parallel lines here. I was referring *only* to the
number of people who should test and fix master right away (or poke the list
if they don't manage to fix by themselves). Which is...

> > [*] Historical note no one will probably care about
>
> actually, i care :) i rather suspected this was the case, given the number
> of developers i've heard this same kind of story from. the reason for
> moving to packages varies, but fewer KDE devs run master than probably ever
> before. it seems a recent phenomenon, just as with you.
>
> i'm personally very excited that more people will be running master again.
> and i hope with an integration branch, that will extend even further.

... what I was describing here. More people running master and reporting
findings. I'll sound like an old grump but it's one thing we did better in the
past. I think we should actively try to restore that custom.

Regards.

PS: My apologies as I apparently have been unclear in that thread, the week
has been rather exhausting for me. I should probably stay away from emails.
:-)
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net