krunner qml

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 14:49:41 UTC 2013

On Friday, January 11, 2013 13:16:03 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Why do we need a place to put it?

because people were generally unaware the System Activity window even existed
because there was no visible ui to show it.

this was one of the findings of usability work done during the 3.x times, so
we're really digging deep into history here :)

is there a particular reason you feel there should not be any UI for it?

> By the same reasoning, we should have a
> KRunner button somewhere too.

we do: Run Command (in several places).

it still comes up from time to time that it would be nice to have an even more
prominent area for it.