krunner qml

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 09:48:34 UTC 2013

On Friday, January 11, 2013 04:22:03 Aleix Pol wrote:
> Yes, the screen locker is a good place for it. In Android they did it this
> way [1] and it works really well.

yep; something Active will need to do eventually as well.

> For example, I never understood why the system activity is there, GUI-wise.

where would you put it?

prior to 4.0, there was no button for it anywhere. you just had to know the
global key accel combination for it .. and hope it wasn't changed. having that
button there gives it a reliable place to be accessed from.

the common theme between the gui command line and the task manager is
"applications and commands being run". that's not so strong a relationship
that the button would need to remain there, but i also don't know of a better
place to put it.

suggestions welcome.