Plasma2 sprint in March / April?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Jan 6 01:30:02 UTC 2013

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 16:01:56 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> I have an informal offer for hosting a Plasma2 sprint. The focus lie on
> Frameworks4, Qt5 and Wayland topics.

these are key focus points and the timing sounds good. i'm in :)

as for the overall scope, it's probably good to note that many things fall
under the rather wide umbrella of F5/Qt5/Wayland. this includes updating the
plasma shells in kde-workspace (desktop, netbook, windowed) to QML2 + scene
graph (which implies no QGraphicsView!). that in turn brings the opportunity
for tweaks to UI in those shells that are not going to happen until we move
there, such as "how do we add widgets?"

so the scope, while it may sound a bit narrow, is actually huuuuuge and
probably everyone who works on plasma related code will find their areas of
interest get touched on.