Please update extra-cmake-modules, kdelibs (and plasma-frameworks)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Feb 27 21:02:52 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just pushed a change to kdelibs, which renames the libraries in tier1/ and
tier2/ to CamelCase, e.g. we have now libKCoreAddons.so etc.

Along with that extra-cmake-modules has been updated and is now at 0.0.8, this
version is required now, both by kdelibs and plasma-frameworks.

I hope I didn't mess up during the conflict merging.
Let me know if something does not work.

One more note:
in plasma-frameworks I saw that you are using
target_link_libraries(... KF5::karchive )
etc., i.e. using the names of the imported targets directly.
I am still undecided whether this is a good idea.
Actually before I thought it would be good, now I'm leaning more toward not so
good.
The error I got with this was "ld: cannot find -lsolid"
This looks like a normal library is not found, but the writer knew that this
should be the name of an imported target, but there is nothing saying this in
the command.
All those failed, since the names changed, and they didn't fail at cmake time,
but at link time :-/
I changed all those (except those which I missed) to use variables again:
${Solid_LIBRARIES}, ${KWindowSystem_LIBRARIES} etc.
If you make a typo there, it will be simply empty, and you can find out via
debug messages. It also somewhat guards against changing names of the imported
targets.

Alex