Help with plasmoid development.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 19 10:53:30 UTC 2013

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 22:08:16 Arthur Taborda wrote:
> Hi. I am developing a pomodoro timer plasmoid in QML. The documentation
> unfortunately is not so helpful yet, so I need some help right now :)
>
> My plasmoid is in KDE Look and in github:
>
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Tomatoid?content=152459
> https://github.com/arthurtaborda/Tomatoid
>
> 1) My plasmoid was doing KDE Notifications just fine in 4.8 and 4.9, but in
> 4.10 they are not working anymore, with the following code:

it's a bug exposed with the port to QML of the notifications plasmoid. i've
fixed it in the 4.10 (so will be in 4.10.1) and master branches.

> 2) Tomatoid will have a option to show a kdialog instead of a notification
> when a pomodoro ends, because usually the user miss the notification. So I
> need to know how to show a dialog.

this is generally discouraged, but i can see your reason for wanting this. i'm
not sure if this component will do what you need at all as it was designed for
something slightly different i believe, but give it a try:

	http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/plasma-qml-apidocs/Dialog.html

> 3) I have to use some elements of Qt.multimedia in my plasmoid. Apparently,
> I need to install the package qt-mobility. So, how to require this package
> to install my plasmoid?

runtime dependencies that must be installed by the package manager are not
supported .. and unfortunately QML does not provide a way to have non-fatal
imports right now .. the unsatisfactory answere here is that the system must
simply have qt multimedia installed (which really any system set up for QML
ought to, sth packagers should take into consideration)