Homerun and single-runner runners

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:45:33 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 13 February 2013, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:

> In the long term, I hope this makes it possible to drop some of Homerun
> sources and replace them with single-runner runners. Potential candidates
> are (Source => runner):
> - Favorite Places => Places
> - Recent Documents => Recent Documents
> - Power => Powerdevil
> - Sessions => Sessions

that sounds good for sharing ;)

> Some of them need additional work to provide what I would like to feature
> in Homerun, but assuming you agree with this, I believe I can get it done
> in time for KDE SC 4.11.

+1 for having more runners in single mode

>     if (query.contains(placeHolder)) {
>         return query.replace(placeHolder, term);
>     } else {
>         return query + ' ' + term;
>     }
> }
>
> Is there a better way to do this?

uhm... RunnerManager::launchQuery(const QString &term, const QString
&runnerId);

how the query should be done is something that who calls must know the
syntax... i don't see many ways around?

> 3. I noticed some runners advertise single-runner mode but do not define a
> default syntax. Is it a bug or is there a reason for that?

hmm, example? that indeed sounds wrong, should see the cases tough.

--
Marco Martin