QML Placces design discussion

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 10:40:15 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 13 February 2013, Mark wrote:

> That would probably be the best way i guess.
> But then we still have an empty taskbar area occupied by the pager
> during the 4.10 cycle. I can hardly imagine that to be the intention?
>
> It's just a simple QML one liner.. If you want i can commit the change
> (as posted a few posts back) to 4.10..
>
> When i brought this issue up in RB and moved it to this list i was
> actually expecting a reply like: "Ohh, we introduced a new pager in
> 4.10 that occupies space without putting anything in it by default.
> Lets fix that asap." But there is nothing like that. Like you guys
> just don't see it as an issue.. Why is that?

i wouldn't be against not shipping the pager by default.
there is just one thing that doesn't sound about right.
should also be easy to go back to multiple desktop, and if the pager is not
there, then the user can easiuly increase the number of desktops in
systemsettings, but then doesn't get any pager and looks like setting that
option didn't have any effects (i can already sense bug reports for that :p)

--
Marco Martin