Plasma Media Center release delayed

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:43:14 UTC 2013

[cross posting to plasma-devel and active]

Hi all,

Today was supposed to be the first release of Plasma Media Center after we
went into a feature freeze during December last year. We made lot of
bugfixes and usability improvements during most of the last few months and
its really coming out well.

However, there are still few critical usability issues that need to be
addressed before we can go live. Apart from the ones reported on
bugs.kde.org, we currently miss a 100% perfect keyboard navigation. We had
plans of addressing these, but most of the PMC team has been and will be
busy for next two weeks (on the Indian side, its two[1] successive[2] KDE
events coming up which is keeping us busy).

So two things here-

** I propose we delay the release to 12th March 2013 which should give us
enough time to address these issues,
** It will be nice if more people can volunteer to polish and help fixing
the bugs at [3]. WE WANT YOU!

Also, Fabian can you help with this and squash some bugs?

[1] http://www.gnunify.in/2013/schedule/15th
[2] http://www.gdgdaiict.com/kdemeetup/
[3]
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=505105&query_format=advanced&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&product=plasma-mediacenter

Regrets and thanks for understanding,

--
Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)
http://www.shantanutushar.com