QML plasmoid and compact representation

Lionel Chauvin megabigbug at yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 3 17:07:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Some C++ plasmoids, as for example the 'weather' plasmoid, are changed into a compact representation when they become too small.
When the user clicks on a compact representation, the full plasmoid is displayed in a popup.

I would like obtain the same behavior with a declarative plasmoid but according to the documentation (http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/QML/API#Properties_exported_from_the_main_QML_item):
"if the plasmoid is a popupapplet, the component in compactRepresentation
 will be used instead of the icon and will always be collapsed,
regardless if it's in a panel or not."

Is it the correct behavior or is it just not fully implemented ?
Can I workaround this behavior?

For my RSS plasmoid, I would like the compact representation displays an icon and a number of unread entries. I want the compact representation to be displayed when it is in a panel and the full plasmoid when it is on the desktop.

Cheers

Lionel Chauvin