PW2 planning: one shell to rule them all

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:03:59 UTC 2013

On Friday 01 February 2013, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Friday, February 1, 2013 14:05:01 Marco Martin wrote:
> > * the view loads in itself a qml file, coming from a package (right now
> > org.kde.homescreen.desktop) that will become pretty much the workspace
> > definition
>
> to expand on the package bit... this package will require the following:
>
> * which processes need to be running (e.g.: krunner)
> * default plasma-device layout
> * kwin configuration
> * other app config?
> * default lock screen + settings
> * default splash screen + settings
> * default logout dialog + settings
>
> in plasma-device, a Plasma/Generic package is loaded that has:
>
> * QML for setting up the default system
> * a plasma-default-layoutrc which loads the containments, etc.

right now the gereric is a subclass of plasmoid, to have mainscript and the
other code,images etc subfolders..

probably this is not optimal in the long run, the homescreen may be a package
type of its own, to have named content of all that above stuff...

> obviously this is not going to work for all targets. that's why we have the
> desktop scripting.

the package may contains also desktop scripting js files...

--
Marco Martin