Students to work on Plasma

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Dec 28 08:21:50 UTC 2013

On Friday 27 December 2013 19:47:36 Artur Souza wrote:
> Hello my friends!
>
> You probably have seen my post on planet.kde
> (http://blog.morpheuz.cc/26/12/2013/open-academy-and-kde/) about
> OpenAcademy and the possibility of sponsoring students to work on KDE.
>
> I would love to have some students working on Plasma, but for that we
> need mentors. Anyone willing to take the challenge? :)
I don't think we will have problems finding mentors, I think the problem is
finding topics ;-) Currently it's difficult as we are in the middle of porting
and I assume that tasks like "port n plasmoids" is unsuited for OpenAcademy.

The only ideas I have for projects goes in the direction of unit testing. We
are lacking here in Plasma and need to think about it. In that area I would be
willing to mentor and have already experience in mentoring (mentored a BSc for
unit testing KWin which is still unmerged).

Cheers
Martin