Framework licenses (was: Refocusing the tech preview)

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Dec 23 18:46:38 UTC 2013

Le lundi 23 décembre 2013 18:30:11 Kevin Ottens a écrit :
> > Missing COPYING.LIB files are more annoying, though. Right now they are
> > missing in kf5umbrella, kmediaplayer and plasma-framework (but I assume
> > plasma-framework is not part from the tp1?) I am going to add them this
> > afternoon.
>
> plasma-framework is part of tp1 in my books.

I just had a look at the frameworks which were missing COPYING.LIB files. The
status is:

- kf5umbrella: no files with a copyright header. Since the licensing policies
say CMake files should be BSD, should we license the whole framework under the
BSD license?

- kmediaplayer: all the code is X11. Should we license the whole framework
under X11?

- plasma-framework: this framework uses multiple licenses, but majority is
LGPL (this is the case for many other frameworks). Should we use a LGPL 2.1
COPYING.LIB file?

Aurélien