Looking around and thinking ahead

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Dec 12 12:33:38 UTC 2013

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 13:06:21 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > The scriptengine has quite a large bunch of code as well. Does it make
> > sense to move the plasmoid. object (offered to our Plasma/Applets) into
> > libplasma, it's pretty much core of our current API, but otoh is currently
> > fixed to QML.
>
> no QML (or other rendering system) in libplasma.

Exactly that is my concern as well.

The plasmoid object collates what we present as public API, and the QML
tricks, so maybe put a skeleton API class in libplasma, and derive from that
in the scriptengine (and putting the QML specific bits in there). This would
need some surgery though, but would make it possible to reuse at least the API
code in the systray (where we fake the plasmoid object).

Do I make sense?
--
sebas