Plasmate next

Giorgos Tsiapaliokas terietor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 08:28:02 UTC 2013

Hello,

I would like to share some of my thoughts about plasmate,
Until now we have released 1.0 and we have only one blocker which prevents
the
1.1 release(see bug 317826). After this patch gets solved I would like to
do the following

a. release 1.1 having at least one release candidate and this will be the
last minor release of
plasmate for KDE4. After 1.1 only bug fixes will be added to plasmate.

b. make the master branch depend on kf5 and qt5

Why I don't want another plasmate release after 1.1 for KDE4? The answer is
simple
because we don't have the man power to maintain and develop features in two
different
codebases and second we have already decided what we want from plasmate. We
want to
do one thing and do it well and I believe that we are already there.

So what do you think?

thanks,

--
Giorgos Tsiapaliokas (terietor)