Help to display custom settings dialog in plasma widget (Python)

bug seagull bugseagull at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 16:17:18 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone

I am creating a plasma widget that displays certain elements of an rss feed
. It requires a string from the user in order to set the widget up. To get
this input I made a dialog using qt designer and converted it to python
code and imported it. I am unable to get this dialog to show up however
when I click the widget settings.

Basically when the user selects the widget settings I would like to present
them with a KInputDialog and get a string . This is my first attempt at a
plasma widget and I have tried to search as much as possible for this issue
before consulting you all. The python plasma tutorials don't cover settings
configuration for example.

If anybody could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

The code can be found here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18322783/python-display-custom-plasmoid-settings-ui

Regards Bug