Seeking mentor and project for SoK

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 10:01:01 UTC 2013

Hello there!

I want to apply for the Season of KDE 2013. Now I am seeking for a
good project. There are no projects of plasma listed on the SoK ideas
page [1]. So I thought of porting 2-3 data engines and plasmoids to
KF5 to participate in Season of KDE 2013. I want to know if its good
idea or what?

Recently I have ported some *very* basic DataEngines to KF5 which
required changes in cmake macros. Also I am porting KGet widget to
QML[2] and have ported Activity Bar widget to QML.

Also If someone wants to mentor me that will be awesome. I know C,
C++, HTML, CSS3, PHP and have basic knowledge of Qt, QML. If someone
will mentor me it will be great opportunity for me to learn stuffs and
advance in them. Later I want to apply for GSoC 2014 and this
experience will help me.

Thanks!

[1] http://community.kde.org/SoK/Ideas/2013
[2] https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdenetwork/kget/repository/show?rev=qmlwidget