Smart d-ptr in Plasma

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Aug 23 08:44:04 UTC 2013

On Thursday 22 August 2013 19:11:09 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> Maybe it would even be an idea for an own (tier 0) framework which could
> contain useful C++11 magic? I guess we will soon have more useful C++11
> stuff which might make sense to be used in more places.

Wouldn't solve much though. The tier 1 frameworks couldn't make use of it
because we want 3rd parties to just be able to pick them and do stuff
immediately with no extra dependency. So that'd make by construction for
another tier 1 framework... I'm not sure we need more of those...

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net