Removing noKephal branch

Àlex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Apr 25 14:31:54 UTC 2013

Hey there

Long time ago I pushed a branch called noKephal to kde-workspace with the
intention of removing the internal library and replace it with
QDesktopWidget (which kephal uses underneath).

At this point, it makes little sense to continue with the work since for
Qt5 we want to use QScreen, and I guess that lot will change in the unified
shell+plasma-framework. Additionally modifying this delicate code in the
release where we'll "change focus" to Qt5 does not make much sense.

I thought on leaving it there just as a reference but I'm unsure how useful
it will be.

So, any argument against removing the branch?

Cheers.