Pixmap leak when showing tooltips

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Mon Apr 15 08:52:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

I might have discovered a leak of 8 pixmaps when a Plasma tooltip is shown. I
was able to reproduce the issue on two systems, nevertheless I want to go sure
that it's not a local issue on my side. So someone please follow the
instructions and confirm the leak of pixmaps.

1. Install xrestop
2. start xrestop
3. search for plasma and write down the number of "Pxms" used by plasma
4. quit xrestop (q)
5. Trigger a Plasma tooltip by e.g. hovering over the clock
6. start xrestop again
7. compare number of "Pxms" with the previous one. It should have increased by
eight

--
Martin Gräßlin