Potential new component for Plasma QML components: ShadowEffect

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:49:05 UTC 2013

On Thursday 04 April 2013, Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> > there should be as little changes as possible to components in
> > kde-runtime now, all development should go in the plasma2 version
>
> Oh OK. I guess it's not going to be relevant in plasma2 since it is
> based on Qt5, which probably has better support for shadows, right?

In that case probably a component with the proper shader can be done

if you try to make both (having the same api)  i think it would be fine.
(i know it's a bit annoying the situation right now, but is difficult enough
porting what is already here without having to port new things that spawn
around ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin