development settings panel in Active Settings

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Sep 27 15:34:50 UTC 2012

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 16:38:20 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> * allows for ordering of panels so that, e.g., the devel panel appears last.
> (actually, i haven't  pushed that yet, but will be doing so..)

ok, this is in now. modules are ordered by their categories. the category
sorting is controlled by entries in active-settingsrc like:

[SettingsCategoryWeights]
Date and Time=10
Language=10

if a category isn't listed, those items drop to the bottom. within categories
of equal weight, sorting is alphabetical by name.

i also found and fixed a memory leak and cleaned up some API issues (e.g.
lacking const on getters) in the in plasma-mobile/components/settings.

while doing so, it occured to me that it may make more sense to have that
component in plasma-mobile/applications/settings/ .. unless the idea is that
other applications could use that component as well? if the component is
really only for active-settings, then this seems like a hidden location. if it
is meant for other apps to use then it needs some generalizations, particulaly
in the KServiceTypeTrader query. i suppose Sebas can enlighten us on this
issue. :)