Git policy for kde-baseapps?

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:44:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

2012/9/20 Luca Beltrame:
> In data giovedì 20 settembre 2012 09:53:53, Daniel Kreuter ha scritto:
>
>> is already in the KDE 4.9 branch. Maybe we can regularly merge the
>> latest stable branch into the master or next version branch, f.e. once
>> a week?

I'm not sure merging if once a week is really needed, but if someone
volunteers to do it, I certainly don't object :-)

> I think it would be a wise idea. For the record, I tried merging things
> locally and came up with some (possibly minor) conflicts.

Whenever a conflict occurs, merging ASAP is indeed the right thing to
do, I think.

> Also, would anyone be "qualified" to do a merge, or should this be done by
> anyone who has the time for it?

I think anyone can do it, provided that no merge conflicts occur or it
is obvious how to resolve the conflicts. Usually, resolving conflicts
by using 'git merge -Xours' to prefer the master version of a piece of
code is probably the right way to go, but if the stable branch has a
bug fix that is not in master yet but cannot be merged either, one
should ask the person who has worked on the code for advice.

Best regards,
Frank