Plasma Wallpapers in QML

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 11:49:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
> There's some wallpaper that has mouse events already, I think it's
> mandelbrot or marble.. I can see if I can forward those events to the
> scene... OTOH, it might be a bit messy to have the background moving
> when you hover it.

is not super pretty but yes, a wallpaper plugin receives mouse events,
so you can from there manually send them over the scene where you
render the wallpaper image with qml, and it should just work.

in plasma2 it would just be items positioned under the items in the
containment, so if nobody in the containment eats them, they will end
up to the wallpaper items.

>> ... and this leads me to think about what to do with Wallpaper in libplasma2
>> :)
>>
>> as for where to put this plugin, for now it should go into kdeplasma-addons
>> with the other wallpaper plugins.
> Yes, well I said kde-worspace because marco suggested it. I'm not
> going to fight over it, so wherever you tell me ;).

yeah, i didn't think about the extra ones in addons, this can go there for now.