Behavior on systray icon clicking

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Tue Sep 25 10:33:11 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 25 September 2012 12:01:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:42:40 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > This replicates the behaviour of tasks applet - think of
> > click-to-minimise.
>
> .. and why appliation tray icons really ought to be merged with the tasks
> applet.

I hope this would be optional ;)

I have spacial memory and tend to remember locations on screen. I don't use
grouping of windows because I can use the taskbar-items to select all my
individual windows with just _one_ mouse click.

For those that don't have spacial memory and use the "icon only" taskbar,
integration with the systemtray would probably be a very good thing.

> i'm hoping that we will achieve this with the QML version once it is done.
> it should be a lot easier to accomplish than with the existing C++ stuff.

It is probably also easier to create multiple applets with the same
dataengine/model :)

/Kåre