libplasma2 and Wallpaper

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 09:31:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> we may even want to put support for these new plugins into the QML helper for
> Containment so that shells don't need to do anything at all. this is the
> design we have right now in libplasma for Wallpapers and Containments and that
> part works rather well.
>
> thoughts?

yes, wallpaper could be easily done without support from the library.
i still don't have an exactly clear idea how the qml loading would be
handled by the new shell, but whatever does qml loading for
containment (probably a containment subclass? that should be discussed
shortly as well) should load its own qml and then the wallpaper qml
and put it in a lower z-order.

as the current, the lifecycle of the qml wallpaper should depend if
the view wants a wallpaper at all (easier on scenegraph since we have
at most one view per thing)