Plasma Wallpapers in QML

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Sep 25 08:24:04 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 03:21:39 Aleix Pol wrote:
>> git clone kde:scratch/apol/qmlwallpapers
>
> works very nicely; would be even nicer if mouse events were passed through,
> though, to allow some level of interaction, but given the mechanism that is
> needed to be used to make this work at the moment that may not be possible.
There's some wallpaper that has mouse events already, I think it's
mandelbrot or marble.. I can see if I can forward those events to the
scene... OTOH, it might be a bit messy to have the background moving
when you hover it.

> ... and this leads me to think about what to do with Wallpaper in libplasma2
> :)
>
> as for where to put this plugin, for now it should go into kdeplasma-addons
> with the other wallpaper plugins.
Yes, well I said kde-worspace because marco suggested it. I'm not
going to fight over it, so wherever you tell me ;).

> p.s. ascii animals are awesome :)
:D