Randa Frameworks5 preps

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Sep 17 15:27:34 UTC 2012

Hey,

[This email is mostly interesting to those of us meeting in Randa later this
week]

Before we meet in Randa, it makes sense to have a look at your dev setup, so
that we can get started quickly. We shortly talked about this on IRC today.
If you'd like to spare yourself some setup time in Randa, it would be good
to have a building frameworks5 checkout. That's probably easiest if you put
that into a $PREFIX different from you normal kde devel install. That's of
course highly dependent on your development setup, but we can get started
quicker if we start roughly off of the same base.

kdelibs' frameworks5 branch builds against both, Qt4 and Qt5, but we will
stick to Qt4 for now as the first focus is the splitting of the libplasma
into functional, non-ui and QGraphicsView-based parts. Introducing too much
change at the same time will make it harder to track regressions and fix up
the whole thing in the end again.

sebas