Status of QML Porting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 13:16:08 UTC 2012

On Sunday 16 September 2012, Weng Xuetian wrote:

> I'm currently maintaining a plasmoid which is hard to port to qml (due
> to qml limitation), I have tried several month ago but finally gave
> up..
> Any advice for my situation? Implement a qml wrapper for my c++
> widget? Or leave it there?

> >> unsubscribe <<

for plasmoids thatare not possible as qml only, i think they should be hybrid:
c++ applet with qml user interface. there are several of them as example, like
the pager or the weather ones.

if something that can't be directly done in qml makes sense as common
component an import can be made, but i would like to avoid them as much as
possible (remember, as soon you put anything usable with import org.kde.foo
you have the responsibility to maintain it with retrocompatibility just as it
was a public library, and should *not* be taken lightly ;)

Cheers,
Marco Martin