IRC meeting summary

Fredrik Höglund fredrik at kde.org
Thu Sep 13 17:08:08 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 12 September 2012, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > even tough is materal way post 4.10, if there is something really needed for
> > plasma that is still not present in the protocol, we should speak up asap
>
> Will not pretend I understand the interface at all, but somebody mentioned
> there will be no window ids. How will we know which window is the focused and
> similar stuff?

The compositor will provide a special interface to the desktop shell that
exposes this information.  Regular clients are not allowed to know anything
about windows that belong to other clients.

This reminds me of something I forgot to mention in the IRC meeting.
The D-BUS bindings in kwin and plasma effectively provide a way to
circumvent the security features in wayland.  This is something that we
need to think about going forward.

Regards,
Fredrik