Changes to Plasma Weather - Git revision 5a09cd815edd7723800c0ba43a8be9f67d28e011

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Tue Sep 11 14:10:14 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 01:30:50 PM David Edmundson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Shawn Starr <shawn.starr at rogers.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 08:30:50 AM Luís Gabriel wrote:
> >> You can see some screenshots here:
> >> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/106225/
> >> There was no changes in the UI, it was just rewritten in QML.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> --
> >> Luís Gabriel
> >
> > FYI, this discussion has been taken offline to IRC right now.
>
> Make sure someone posts a summary here afterwards so history is kept.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Shawn.

The changes are fine, it's a 1:1 exact replication from the C++ code to
QML/Javascript.

Since Plasma isn't planning on changing the UX/UI guidelines, I'll continue to
help with this new QML ported one.

It will mean I will diverge from the QML ported applet and turn this into a
full-fledged QML application (media center like) with more information and
animations and a ticker. This will resemble what you might see on Weather
channel/The Weather Network local forecast updates

I designed the backend API especially for the other rich weather data, like
sunrise/sunset, and would show animation of sunrise/sunset w/ QML with nice
'page' transitions for the different weather information.

A lot of coding to do once Luis is done converting applet to QML.

Thanks,
Shawn.