SLC for all 4.10 workspaces (was: Re: How Can I change wallpaper from CLI?)

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Mon Sep 10 09:47:50 UTC 2012

Am Sonntag 09 September 2012, 23.18:09 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:

Morning

> > As I'm sold to the SLC concept
>
> Maybe you could explain to us mere mortals what's the difference between
> Share, Like and Connect.

First here is a link to some more information about SLC:
http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/SLC

> I understand Share, but Like and Connect is just Share to me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but as I understood it:
- Share is to send or share the data (pic, URL, whatever) with someone e.g.
send by email
- Like is to rate or like it e.g. rate it with Nepomuk (star rating) or
Facebook like (I don't know Facebook enough)
- And finally connect is to build a relation as e.g. in Nepomuk to connect or
relate it (the pic, person, URL, webpage, etc.) to an activity

> Note: I've never used SLC since doesn't seem to be easily usable on the
> desktop.

That's why I'd like to change this for the Desktop.

> Cheers,
>   Albert

griits
Mario