QActions in QML

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 12:20:22 UTC 2012

On Monday, October 29, 2012 13:46:18 Marco Martin wrote:

> > > isn't QAction already registered as "action" primitive type?
> >
> > At least not on QtQuick 1.1
>
> not sure if is really qaction or some wrapper class, but
> http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qml-action.html

I don't know either. Using QAction as QtObject in QML works. On the other
hand, QAction doesn't have trigger() as Q_INVOKABLE, yet it is one for the
runtime (one can just call trigger() on a QAction passed into the runtime.

I played around with passing lists of QActions into the runtime, there's one
way it works, namely using QDeclarativeListProperty<QAction> to pass the list
to the runtime. I've already changed (and cleaned up my code) to do this, and
it seems to work well. (No real type knowledge though, as just everything from
the QAction is mapped into the runtime -- not really convenient, since QAction
has "text" and "icon" properties, which make it easy to clash with properties
you might already have in your delegate.
--
sebas