QML style guide

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 30 12:16:51 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 15:01:04 Dmitry Ashkadov wrote:

> >> Do you want force developers use kate?
> >
> > of course not :)
> >
> > but i'd like to make the lives of people who use kate, vim, etc. easier if
> > possible. if we have to chose between "no one benefits from code folding"
> > or "some people get to benefit", we should pick "some people" every
> > single time. "some" is better than "none".
> >
> > this does not prevent you from using any editor you wish -> you might not
> > get the cute little bonus of code folding, but otherwise it's the same as
> > it is right now already.
>
> An editor should handle braces and provide folding functionality. I
> don't think, that forcing all developer always put "{{{"  and "}}}" in
> addition to braces { }, is good idea.

the suggestion was to only do this for the different sections such as property
definitions. example:

Item {
    id: foo

    /* property definitions {{{ */
    property bar: true
    inheritedProperty: 123
    /* }}} */

    /* JS functions {{{ */
    function myFunc() {
    }

    function myOtherFunc() {
    }
    /* }}} */
}

the idea is that lets you fold down allthe js functions or all the property
definitions.

> Let it be first (geometry goes first):

cool, one more vote for geom first :) so noted ...