Microblog port to Akonadi pushed into a branch

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:52:29 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Martin Klapetek
<martin.klapetek at gmail.com>wrote:

>  * sometimes the plasmoid can get really really slow or even freeze when
> scrolling very fast as it tries to fetch all the avatars and post images,
> this might need some optimizations

 Just fixed this^. The model was queuing the same indexes waiting for the
image over and over again, so easily hundreds of the same indexes were
queued and once the image arrived, dataChanged(index) was emitted hundreds
of times for single index. Fixed now, the plasmoid is blazing fast when
scrolling with empty cache.

Update the SocialFeed from kde:scratch/mklapetek/socialfeed.

 * refreshing the list pushes garbage/no data into qml, I'm not yet sure
> where this problem originates, simple reloading of the applet fixes it

I've started looking into this as well and the empty data actually arrives
to Akonadi's EntityTreeModel, it calls rowsInserted(..) for the new item,
but the data for that particular row is empty. Investigating now.

--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer