SystemTray: QML version #2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Oct 15 16:20:11 UTC 2012

On Monday, October 15, 2012 19:20:13 Dmitry Ashkadov wrote:
> I'm working on QML implementation of system tray (branch
> plasma/dmitrya/systemtray-qml of kde-workspace).

this is looking insanely sexy :) nice work.. i'll update the branch and re-
test later this week (i'm on the road at the moment doing some Plasma Active
promotion; writing this email from a hotel room, in fact.)

i do notice some small visual issues in the screenshots (thanks for providing
those, btw!), mostly to do with spacing and margins in the popup. as you can
see in image 05, there is not enough margin around the item and so the
background item appears too close and even touches the icon. similarly, there
should be a bit more space between the icon and the text imo (0.5 or even 1
em?)

> case of C++ system tray applet. I can see many messages:
> > .../apps/plasma/plasmoids/battery/contents/ui/batterymonitor.qml:183:
> > TypeError: Result of expression 'pmSource.data["PowerDevil"]'

hm.. and if you put the battery widget directly into the panel, or on the
desktop or dashboard, it works?