kephal or qdesktopwidget

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 09:38:05 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:37:47 Reza Shah wrote:
> I could not find something like QDesktopWidget::screenNumber in kephal,
> the closest i think only Kephal::ScreenUtils::screenId(QPoint p),
> which return id, then pass to Kephal::ScreenUtils::screenGeometry(int
> id) to get the size.

ah! you want to actually find out which screen you are on. then yes, you just
take the parent->geometry()->center() and get kephal to tell you what the id
is.

of course .. since this is a wallpaper configuration, it should already have
the target size set in the render hints. does targetSizeHint() return the
correct value? (it should ... if not, that's a regression which i would fix
asap)