Display Configuration KCM design review

Dan Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 13:27:57 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 02 of October 2012 15:17:20 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 October 2012, Dan Vrátil wrote:
> > >
> > > ah, another thing: what is the use of that "i" icon? it seems rendered
> > > at
> > > the wrong size, should at least be rendered at an unscaled size (any
> > > size
> > > known to kiconloader)
> >
> > It's equivalent to "Identify outputs" button in the krandr KCM. It's
> > unscaled because of a bug (??) in QIconItem from qmlextracomponents, which
> > seems to only load Desktop size of the icon, regardless of the actual
> > dimensions of the QML item.

> hmm, weird, should use the nearest smaller right dimension
> try to do
> width: theme.mediumIconSize
> height: width

That's what I though too. But if I understand the code correctly,

http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=kde-
runtime.git&a=blob&f=plasma%2Fdeclarativeimports%2Fqtextracomponents%2Fqiconitem.cpp

on line 114, it forces KIconLoader to load DesktopSize icon and stretch it
into the pixmap.

I take it that it's not the intended behavior then? :)

> Cheers,
> Marco Martin
dvratil at redhat.com | Associate Software Engineer / BaseOS / KDE, Qt
GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348